Voyage of the Manteno



by Moss
12/29/07

I got a very cool email the other day from John Haslett, an author and explorer who has taken to building and sailing balsa wood rafts, much like the Kon-Tiki. He has written about his adventures in a book, Voyage of the Manteno. I recommend reading this book. You can click here for a sample. Below is his email to me and above are a couple of photos he sent over.

Dear Moss,

I was wondering if I could induce to read my new book. It's called Voyage of the Manteño, and it is the true story of how my colleagues and I built and sailed a series of balsa rafts very similar to Heyerdahl's Kon-Tiki. We made many important discoveries about the ancient culture that invented these rafts, and along the way we lived and survived many harrowing adventures. People have really enjoyed reading it, and I have recieved quite a warm outpouring of praise; nevertheless, I could sure use some online reviews from interested Bloggers. I've included the first chapter as a sample. If you find the time, I hope you'll check it out.

http://balsaraft.com/VOMSample.pdf

Best Wishes,


John Haslett
Voyage of the Manteño
(St. Martin's Press, Dec.'06)
johnhaslett@verizon.net
310-573-4097