9 • November 2019 • FREE VENICE BEACHHEAD

The latest print and online versions of the Free Venice Beachead includes one of my poems. This is the second time in three months they have published one. Thanks Free Venice Beachead!!
http://www.freevenice.org/Beachhead-21st/Beachhead-Nov2019.pdf

Eleven Inch Heads (Lazy Sunday Morning) Jeffrey Moss Charles
November 2019
If bird is the word,
Why is “Wipeout” playing on my A.M. radio dial? I’ve had visions of playing the drums with The Ventures,
On the sand,
But they wanted to play, “Tequila” instead, Speaking of drums,
Why don’t they make eleven imch heads?
Do they even make eleven inch drums?
If so, I haven’t seen them carrying the rythmn through the salty,
Foggy, morning breeze.
I can hear it from a mile away.
I imagine it is some guy with a conga drum sitting under a palm tree,
Near the beach.
He’s probably sweaty and shirtless.
With a Modelo by his side.
I wish I was him.
Instead, I’m just walking down the street to get my cup of coffee.
And the newspaper.
It is Sunday after all.
A lazy Sunday morning.

No comments: