Moss - voted "The Blogger in Most Dire Need of Anger Managment"...chuckle, chuckle.



By Moss
Updated on 3/16/07

OK, I’ll admit…I have been a little too active on Rita’s Not A Girls Kind of Girl Sfist blog about the Jennifer Siebel/Gavin Newsom/Tourk Family scandal. Some of my postings have raised the ire of my fellow bloggers and some most recent ones have won my praise. My comments on the issue run the gamut of emotions and have been all over the board on purpose; heartfelt, accurate, sophomoric, humorous, satirical, poetic, judgmental and some just rather Romper-Room’ish crap. But, I’VE BEEN HAVING A BLAST! One of my fellow bloggers, Inside Scoop, even labeled me, “The Blogger in Most Dire Need of Anger Management”…how sweet is that?

Here are my comments and some of the responses about me in chronological order (some of the replies that included me were edited for space).
it's the part where she gossips about the ruby y gavin relationship, which she probably only learned about through second-hand knowledge (innuendo at best)then reiterates it as common knowledge among "those in the know."...sheesh! She sure sounds like a paranoid, juvenile, woman-bashing, jealous, publicity-hounding bigot.
I know about these Marin / SF elitists, rich, small-private schools, wealthy vacations to Africa, huge houses, wine country estates, Tahoe pads, SUVs, art-collecting, wine tasting spoiled rich kids who have never had to have a real job in there lives...they have the time and money to save the world..or to be an actor.
Jen- get a real job and shut your trap.
Gavin - I think you were better off with the Xanu Hubbard lady.
[156] Posted by: Moss | March 13, 2007 8:20 AM
Getting back to the resume section on Infiltration that post #87 SF Equire pointed out. HMMM....makes me wonder who Jen is working for....scientology, conservative party, Delancey street...or a group even more sinister?
. Infiltrate It
" Why pursue such a challenging career at this point in your life? My answer: THEY'RE ALL connected. Arts, politics, humanitarianism, the environment, poverty alleviation, global peace, homelessness, education, etc…they are all intertwined. Hollywood has A VOICE. It has a very powerful voice. Is it the smartest, most informed, purest voice? Certainly not. But its’ voice resonates throughout the world through modern technology and global distribution systems. It AFFECTS and INFLUENCES our mindsets and actions every day. If one can’t beat it, WHY NOT INFLITRATE IT. It’s just another means to an end."
[164] Posted by: moss | March 13, 2007 8:55 AM
kimberly....love it. That's what I was trying to say!
[174] Posted by: mOsS | March 13, 2007 9:31 AM
Kimberley,
Maxim though?? This is a friggin' movie. I got it, Tom Cruise can play Gavin and Katie can play Jen (with cameos by the real Jen and Gavin).
hmm...just a thought. It's a shark feedin' time.
[175] Posted by: moss | March 13, 2007 9:38 AM
Call it a conspiracy theory, drama or real life..but for those of you out there who need a recap of the situation, there is a storm brewing in SF over the fallout from our Mayor, Gavin N. and his extra-marital affair with his secretary, Ruby Tourk, who is married to Gavin's ex-campaign manager, Alex Tourk. Along comes Jen Siebel (related to founder of Siebel Systems, who is on the board of Stanford, Jen's alma-matter). Jen is an aspiring actress, who believes in infiltrating Hollywood, and infiltrating any person, group or community in order to get her wishes of stardom. So she hooks up with the Mayor and begins a publicity-stunt gone terribly wrong. The director of her latest movie and her publicist suggest she gives a SF Chronicle reporter an interview to promote the movie. Instead the reporter quizzes her over the sex-scandal where Jen blames the victim (or to paraphrase her words..there was a drunk girl passed out in front of the Mayor's door and he had heart). The following day the SF bloggers came out in force, bemoaning her cruel insensitivity to the Ruby Tourk, who Jen calls the culprit. Jen responds to the blog with a crass tone, again blaming Ruby Tourk for this whole mess and Gavin as the victim. The story made the front page of the paper and several local television stations covered the story and Jen's blog response. This is the beginning of a terrific Hollywood saga, complete with sex, rehab, infidelity, loyalty issues, Delancey Street and politics among other themes. The Hollywood version should focus on Jen, a rich-grown up kid, who has never really worked a real job, but enjoys traveling to Africa and drinking fine wines and Gavin, a good-looking adulterer with a penchant for attractive young girls and expenisive wines, who periodically takes advantage of the young girls when they are drunk and alone.
Check out Kimberley's post #173...compelling shit...ain't it?
I suggest Tom Cruise plays Gavin, Katie plays Jen, with real cameos by the real Jen and Gavin. This saga is not over yet. Stay tuned to worldofmoss.blogspot.com for following, breaking news.
[185] Posted by: moss | March 13, 2007 10:48 AM

I wanna get back to Jen's comment, "It's not like I haven't given him tough love at times over this."
Jen - do you care to explain yourself here? What type of tough love did you dole out?
Was it kinky, tie-me up, rough love? Or...was it whispering in his ear about what a bad, bad boy he has been?
[202] Posted by: moss | March 13, 2007 12:01 PM
Seriously folks,
How could she use the no comment phrase? Jen is an actress trying to get publicity for a budding film career. The director and her PR person put up to the task of taking on the evil SF Chron, which backfired when she spoke (again unable to use the no comment lingo...not in her vocab.). In my earlier postings I mentioned her bio on her website about her intentions on gaining respect in Hollywood. This is her own words (note to Gavin and Clooney and other "A-Listers"- stay far away, beware Will Robinson).
"Hollywood has A VOICE. It has a very powerful voice. Is it the smartest, most informed, purest voice? Certainly not. But its’ voice resonates throughout the world through modern technology and global distribution systems. It AFFECTS and INFLUENCES our mindsets and actions every day. If one can’t beat it, WHY NOT INFLITRATE IT. It’s just another means to an end."
Is that what they teach at Branson? Sounds like covert espionage to me. I know these types...best friends with Jonny Mosely, a girl-girl (meaning jeoulous, back-stabbing beeeeeaaatttchh!), yuppie, rich, African art-collecting, corporate and political wannabee..with a mentor list made for kings and queens.
Ha..the drama, gossip. As my mentor used to say to me,"If you can't stand the heat..better get out of the kitchen."
[258] Posted by: Moss | March 13, 2007 7:23 PM

Sorry can't get past her comment about Hollywood..."Hollywood is the smartest, most informed, purest voice"......hail me a cab....I'm headed to Hollywood.
YIKES!!
[259] Posted by: moss | March 13, 2007 7:25 PM
Indiana - you don't get it. It's not that the peeps think Alex is a saint, it's that his former boss, The Mayor, was secretly sleeping with his wife on the down low.
The spin cycle decided on a cheery, blonde to sway the peeps opinion about what a great guy he is..and what a shitty person..oops, I'm mean "bad news" person Ruby Tourk is. The prob is...the peeps didn't buy this crap. The Tourks remain (and hopefully continue to remain) silent on the matter, while the flawed Newsom regime is going full boar ahead trying to change the peeps perception of the events.
So Indiana, give us a break.
[273] Posted by: Moss | March 13, 2007 8:44 PM

Born and bred. Kentfield actually, and you Indiana?
[274] Posted by: moss | March 13, 2007 8:55 PM
Dear Moss,
Oh I get it. Everyone, including all those in this blog, are suddenly "disappointed, exasperated, angry, betrayed" at the Mayor for being human and acting like every other politician out there. Lord. Give ME a break why dontcha. Puleazzzze. Spare me the moral indignation.
[277] Posted by: Indiana | March 13, 2007 9:19 PM
Oh Lordee me.
It ain't about you or me.
It ain't about the African Bee',
It's all about the the PR Machine.
Spin baby spin.
[280] Posted by: Moss | March 13, 2007 9:28 PM
Dear Angry Young Man,
You're missing one main thing here....these are not SF Values, but values of very elite, rich, globe-trotting, Ivy League, politically connected, Hollywood-adoring, Tahoe and Napa pads, horses, long vacations to many countries (not just Africa), art, music, opera, wine, black tie.......SHIT MOST OF US NEVER EXPERIENCE IN OUR LIVES! EXCUSE MY FRENCH!
[285] Posted by: MOSS | March 13, 2007 9:47 PM
MOSS claims that this reflects the values of some kind of amoral elite with a "let them eat cake" take on life. Sorry, I have to disagree. Considering the fact that so many people in this city think that what Newsom did was perfectly A-OK, it's pretty clear that these are values shared by the common man, not just the society crowd looking down upon them from atop Pacific Heights.
[289] Posted by: The Angry Young Man | March 13, 2007 10:02 PM

Uhhh...Indiana, this is a valid, virtual form of all of the suggestions you mention "Protest, write letters, start a campaign or organization."
FYI.
[291] Posted by: moss | March 13, 2007 10:05 PM

Angry young man,
awhh shucks I tried.
[297] Posted by: moss | March 13, 2007 10:29 PM
this is bees-wax. I call it a meeting of the bee'-s.
Bee's - cause, I wish I could only save a few bee's.
I digress, assumableeeey.
yours.
[303] Posted by: Moss | March 13, 2007 11:02 PM
Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?
You give me something I can hold on to.
8-6-7-5-3-0-9 (8-6-7-5-3-0-9) (Tommy Tutone).
[317] Posted by: moss | March 14, 2007 8:08 AM
This is not JUST about class war. To break it down to it's most basic element, it's about the Mayor's six month girlfriend's response to the Mayor's sexual affair. She claims she is sick of all the "gossip and drama" the Mayor's former secretary is spreading about the affair. She claims she is a pro-woman, girl's girl. Yet, she also claims the woman is the "culprit" and she wanted to give her a chance, but everybody around her calls her "bad news." She went on to say that the secretary was passed out drunk outside the Mayor's front door and he had a heart. Sorry...correct me if I'm wrong, but someone other than the former secretary is the one perpetuating the continued drama and gossip....all in the name of promoting a film, sheesh.
[320] Posted by: moss | March 14, 2007 9:21 AM
On another note - Moss? You win my vote for "The Blogger in Most Dire Need of Anger Management". You've been on this blog from the beginning and can't seem to let it go, can you now. How could you possibly knock a "rich girl" when you yourself grew up in the shady glens of Kentfield???! Oopsy there, just shot yourself in the foot...
[357] Posted by: Inside Scoop | March 14, 2007 6:42 PM
Ahhh...this one still has wheels. CNN, SFBG, The Chron, multiple local TV stations and blogs galore.
Just for the record....I have NEVER tried to save a bee from a swimming pool in my life, but sure would like to go to Africa someday.
diligently.
[361] Posted by: moss | March 14, 2007 7:07 PM
Thanks inside scoop!
I grew up in the rough part of Kentfield though...wink-wink. Like I said...I know these types. Rather shoot myself in the foot than the heart anyday. Peace.
[363] Posted by: moss | March 14, 2007 7:16 PM

Sappho,

As the "mean blogger" one of our fellow bloggers called me (Inside Scoop), I might live up to that title, because I think your post #369 is naive. Your comments about her having a deep discussion with the Jack Yan (who is a frequent contributer to this blog discussion), "about her wardrobe," is shallow at best.

He claims Jen became an actress not for herself, but to "alleviate poverty in third world countries." "Can't you see, she's dating Gavin to help AIDS orphans in Africa? Jen is a martyr to her causes."......this is exactly what I was talking about in my earlier posts about "infiltration." Now it is confirmed by Jack Yan himself.

She may or may not like/love the Mayor. She has a film to promote that is debuting this week, including a premiere in SF on March 16th (day after tomorrow)! They (director, PR, actress) NEED press. They try the bait and switch thing, which DOES NOT WORK. They go back to the blackboard and develop a PR campaign that will surely win back the "hearts of the peeps."

Guess what FOLKS, LORD, PUHLEAZE...it didn't work. Nice try.

[381] Posted by: moss | March 14, 2007 10:32 PM

Psst, moss. I think Sappho was being sarcastic.

[383] Posted by: pssst | March 14, 2007 10:54 PM

Dear Tourk Family,

I believe H. Brown, or "H" is baiting you guys. Looks at the step-up in threats.
"Take this lying down and muzzzled by Newsom's attorneys and your salad days are past forever. You are never going to get back into their circle. Never. Never. Never."

Hmmmmm....makes moi wonder?

[384] Posted by: moss | March 14, 2007 10:59 PM

psst..I thought that at 1st too. Read again, closely, Amigo.

[385] Posted by: moss | March 14, 2007 11:14 PM


Psst, you're absolutely right, but don't tell Moss. Stephen Colbert is my role model.

[395] Posted by: Sappho | March 15, 2007 8:11 AM


I like how P.Praxi # 392 said it. That REALLY is the story here. And just to add on top of that, Jen and her friends/family/pr/army-brigade are now blaming the press and media for this whole schebang. The ironic thing here is THEY sought out the press in the first place because of some crappy film coming out. THEY even went so far as to email the original Chron reporter a note thanking him for the coverage!! Of course I forgot, THEY "Hate the Press."

[398] Posted by: moss | March 15, 2007 9:46 AM


psst...sappho...UZE-A-Got's me. I never claimed to be smart....just a diligent, jaded, blogster with some time on me old weathered and wiltering hands.
Most cheers!

P.S. didn't jah like me rant though?

[399] Posted by: moss | March 15, 2007 9:51 AM


Ruby = bad news.
Jenny = good news.
Gavin = zero news.
The peeps = the blues.

Smirkle, Smirkle. Double sheesshhh!

[418] Posted by: moss | March 15, 2007 12:50 PM

Tourk for Mayor

OK, my peeps follow me on this one. Let me preface this by saying that I'm not sure Tourk is qualified to be Mayor, wants to be Mayor or would even do a good job as Mayor. I don't know much about care not cash or project homeless connect and have not been crazy about payment part of his resignation, but he might be able bypass what surely Gonzo or Mirki would go through, and that is the Nixonian, black-hat, negative poli-smear camapaign for Newsom's administration.

From someone who has never gone through "campaign consultancy 101" I still have enought wits about me (I know debatable by some on this blog...)to see what a slam-dunk this could be.

Mayor Newsom campaigning against his former campaign manager, who he has admitted to secretly sleeping with his wife (who was also his secretary). You can bash Gonzo, but it's hard to bash someone who you have consistently praised via the media, have arranged a payment deal with and admitted to sleeping with his wife without telling him.

I can see it now...straight from the Mayor's voice, "If there is one person who is capable of running this city and leading us to our place as the number one city in this nation it's Alex Tourk."

Ahhhh....the headlines.

[419] Posted by: moss | March 15, 2007 1:04 PM

Goodbye Ruby Tuesday, who can hang a name on me.

Thanks!

I was gettin' sick of singing the early 80's tune that I posted earlier. It's one of those songs that sticks in your brain.

Jenny Jenny who can i turn to?
8675309.

[427] Posted by: moss | March 15, 2007 1:40 PM

Dear Mister or Ms. "Sheesh" posting 420.

Lori is part, but definitely NOT all of the prob. here, actually just a bit player. This is waaayy larger than that, I think your posting is personally irresponsible for slandering her on drinking / weight. OK, the friggin' Afican Bee's thing was one thing. However, many of us enjoy our Anchor Steam's and have a workable spare tire around the beltline. You are missing the point.

Also, "Freshman 15"....these are grown-up-rich-graduated-debutantes to be exact.

Wish ya didn't take my sheesh. Snarkle. Snarkle.

[429] Posted by: moss | March 15, 2007 1:54 PM

Ok- I change my vote. Lori is sophmoric and shouldn't worry about the freshman 15.

[433] Posted by: sheesh | March 15, 2007 2:45 PMC
Campers,
moss (429), you're right, them ragging on Lori is waaay out of line. Remember what Freddy Mercury said:

"Fat bottom girls, you make my
rocking world go round!"
h.

[434] Posted by: h. brown | March 15, 2007 2:55


Jennifer Siebel, who was controversially the former best friend of George Clooney's ex-girlfriend Celine Balitran, did NOT display her sisterhood when she began the relationship with Clooney. Quite the reverse actually.

Jenny has displayed a consistent disregard for her sisters, unless they fall into the class of her inner circle (Branson, Stanford, Globe-trotting, etc.). If you are just a regular "sister" she is not just going to stand up for you, but will allow the stories she has heard about you to form her opinion. Once that opinion is formed is then free to share with anyone who wants to listen.

This is US. vs. Them.
The Have's vs. The Have Not's.
The working Stiffs vs. The Elite.

Poet-knowit - really liked the limerick. Very creative.

[460] Posted by: moss | March 16, 2007 9:18 AM

OK, Limerick, Poet-knowit,

Below is my response sung to John Denver's tune, "Country Roads."

Almost heaven, Daly City,
Lone Pine mountain, Hetch-Hetchy is our river,
Life is fun here, funner than the trees,
Younger than Brittanie’s Mountz, blowing like a breeze.

Life’s been good here,
With Gavin and the bees,
Jennifer being bitchy,
While the Tourks are seldom seen.

SF Roads, take me home,
To the place, I be-long,
Western Addition, Bernal Heights,
Take me home, MY SF roads.

[465] Posted by: moss | March 16, 2007 11:13 AM

Pretty good, Moss.

[467] Posted by: hanna | March 16, 2007 12:52 PM

Moss, your rant cracked me up. You gave me the best laugh I've had in weeks. My kid wondered why I kept going "dang I'm good" and bursting into giggles at odd moments through the day. I took it as a major compliment to my writing skills. So, thank you.

[469] Posted by: Sappho | March 16, 2007 1:41 PM
*disclaimer - I think the following was meant towards me..but not 100% sure. MOSS*
Excellent prose pop! Truly hilarious. I still can't believe what's happened and how she did this all to herself. What a gaff! To think that this one was "pre-screened" and turned out to be the biggest PR disaster yet. Must make some long for the salad days of Miss Mountz and her glass of wine. Those were much simpler times....

[470] Posted by: btchee | March 16, 2007 1:49 PM


sapper- ghee wizz, thanks bra!

[473] Posted by: moss | March 16, 2007 2:50 PM


Moss' "SF roads" and the limericks by poet-knowit and pop are inspired! Thanks for the laughs :)

[472] Posted by: luvgabe | March 16, 2007 2:50 PM

Why Danny Glover? Didn't you read my post about Alex Tourk? THAT is the slam-dunk here, mister H.

[491] Posted by: moss | March 17, 2007 9:08 AM

OK my fellow Bee-Keepers,

This might sadden some of you, but I think I've already reached my Swan Song on this very thread with my gut-wrenching edition of "SF Raods."

I promise to continue to keep tabs on the peep's opinions on all of this and if there is any BREAKING news I be sure to dust off my megaphone.

For now I must bid all a fair adieu.

Mork from Ork signing off.
Nanu - Nanu

your buddy MOSS.

[504] Posted by: moss | March 17, 2007 3:47 PM


OK, at least Jen and I have one thing in common. We both can't spell that well.

Final over and out!!!!

[508] Posted by: moss | March 17, 2007 4:23 PM


MOSS! Hey MOSSSSS! Write us some poetry for the "Endless Luv" saga.....

[581] Posted by: hanna | March 26, 2007 11:55 AM

1 comment:

  said...

Moss, while I don’t agree with you on your reading of Jen and her motives (it was actually hard to get publicity material for her film from her, while a headline-seeker would have had piles of attachments at the ready), I was never offended by your posts. And I don’t think you need anger management—hey, better letting loose on a blog with a wink than beating up stray cats. Some folks took it upon themselves to be particularly nasty to her, and that was a real shame. You had some arguments and points that you got across and, if I did not know one of the parties to the whole saga, I would have thought many comments were good reading.