Ricardo's Closes After 34 Years!


by Moss
3/19/10

This story is from the Marin IJ...I'll be very sad to see Ricardo's go. My family has gone their for the entire 34 years. Even before that my mom and dad knew Ricardo from SF, where he had a restaurant with his brother. I also have known Rich Crispi (Ricardo's son) for years....even went to high school with him. I will greatly miss the house salads (one of the best in the world) and of course the killer pizza. I wish Rich and his family the best, and R.I.P. both Ricardo and Ricardo's Pizza.

Ricardo's Restaurant & Pizzeria, a mainstay for 34 years in downtown San Anselmo, closed Saturday because of the bad economy, its owner said.
The restaurant at 411 San Anselmo Ave., founded by Ricardo and Lia Crispi in 1976, has filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection, co-owner Rich Crispi said.

"It's just what happens when business slows down," he said. "It's been a long, grinding time the last five years, but it all came to a screeching halt when I knew I was going to default. It's a hardship story."

Nine employees are out of work. Crispi said he would love to find an investor who would take over the business and keep the name.

There is a notice on the front door of the restaurant thanking customers for their loyalty.

Drew McEachern, said it pains him to hear about a long-standing business going belly-up.

"Rich's father was a good friend of mine and Rich has worked there since he was a little kid," McEachern said. "Rich never said no to any charity. He always said, 'I'd be glad to help.' That place was an institution."

No comments: